To accommodate different learning styles, a step-by-step article with accompanying screenshots is provided directly below and a video tutorial is also available at the end of this document.
Highwire understands the importance of timely and relevant updates, especially in dynamic construction project environments. That’s why our current notification suite is tailored to keep you informed of crucial changes to the contractors you work with. Our range of notifications includes the following:
- Score changes
- Assessment completions
- Approval status
- Primary trade
- Financial documents
This broad array of notification types ensures that you're always informed about the aspects that matter most to your projects.
Getting started is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin:
- Log in to your Highwire account.
- Once logged in, click on your profile picture in the top right, then select My Profile. After this, locate and click the Notifications tab on the left.
- Enable Notifications: You'll now notice the Notifications tab appear in your left navigation. Click on that tab to find various notifications you can receive. Please make sure to enable the ones relevant to you and your projects.
- Customize Your Preferences: Tailor your notification settings to suit your needs. You can adjust the method of notifications to ensure you receive updates in a way that best fits your workflow. Notifications via text are coming soon.
Interacting with the In-App Notification Center
The Notification Center is your command center for all contractor updates. Here’s how you can effectively interact with it:
- Locate the bell icon on the top right of the page.
- Upon clicking the bell, the Notification Center will expand to show you any event notifications from the past 30 days.
- You can view specific details of a notification, by simply clicking on it. You will navigate to the relevant contractor and section of their profile to view detailed information.
- You can mark notifications as read or unread, for future reference. You can also mark all notifications as read if needed. This helps keep your Notification Center organized and focused on the most relevant information.
No Notifications? Here's Why
If you notice an empty Notification Center, it's typically due to one of two reasons:
- No New Notifications: If there haven't been any recent changes in your projects requiring a notification in the last 30 days, you'll see 'No Notifications.'
- Specific Notification Settings: An absence of notifications might also indicate that your settings are filtering out most updates. Your preferences may be set to only show certain types of notifications.
If you feel you're missing out, check and widen your notification settings to receive updates on a broader range of activities.
Notifications Turned Off? Here’s What to Do
If you click on the notification bell and find an unexpected message indicating that all notifications are turned off, don't worry, it's an easy fix:
- Quick Adjustment: Simply navigate to your notification settings. Here, you can reactivate notifications or customize which updates you'd like to receive.
- Stay Informed Your Way: Turning notifications on ensures you're up-to-date with project changes, but it's all about your choice. Tailor the settings to align with your information needs.