When working from the Inspection app, there is the option for working in Online or Offline mode and setting your font preferences
Throughout the app, there may be pop-ups that appear indicating the options to sync data and if offline mode is enabled.
- If a signal is lost during the course of an inspection the app will enter ‘Offline Mode’.
- If the app switches to offline mode, you can continue to enter findings, add attachments to findings, change contractors, and change categories.
- If the signal returns, you will be given the option to ‘Disable Offline’ or continue to ‘Work Offline’.
- If you choose to ‘Disable Offline’ the app will begin communicating findings to the web application again.
- If you are in an area with a weak or inconsistent signal, you may choose to continue to ‘Work Offline’. You can return to ‘Online’ mode in the preferences screen later when you are in an area with a strong and consistent signal.
In the preferences screen, you have the ability to manually switch between modes.
If you know that your inspection will be performed in an area with a strong and consistent signal, you can work in ‘Full Communication with Web’ or ‘Online’ mode.
In ‘Online’ mode, all features are available including the ability to communicate through the app.
Note: Currently new inspections cannot be created in ‘Offline’ mode. Create your new inspection when you have a signal and once the new inspection is loaded you have the option to switch to ‘Offline’ mode.
If you know that your inspection will be performed in an area or areas with weak or inconsistent signal, you may choose to place the app in ‘Offline Mode’ after creating a new inspection or opening an existing inspection.
Once your inspection is complete or you have returned to an area with a strong signal, you can return to the preferences screen and switch back to ‘Online’ mode.