This article will walk through the steps of emailing an Inspection report and explain the sections within the Inspection report.
How to Determine if a Report has been sent:
In the list view of Inspections, look at the “Report Sent?” column. Reports are not considered completed until reports are sent, and can be edited up until they are sent.
Viewing a Report
To view a report, click ‘View’ in the View Report column. This is a preview of the selected report.
Emailing a Report
The final step in completing your inspection is to email the report to the assigned distribution lists for the project. Reports can be emailed from the web or mobile device. The distribution list is set up in the Projects tool and is broken out into three contact types:
- Owner Contacts
- For owner-type clients: the owner contacts will be your company’s contacts. (If you hire general contractors to manage your projects, you are an owner-type client). You will see your company name rather than “owner”.
- For general contractor-type clients: the owner contacts are the asset owner’s contacts.
- General Contractor
- For owner-type clients: the general contractor contacts will be the contacts from the general contractor on the project.
- For general contractor-type clients: the general contractor contacts will be your own company. You will see your company name rather than “general contractor contacts”
- Contractor Contacts
- The contractor contacts awarded to the project. These contacts are the same regardless of the client type.
Reports are broken out by the contact type, so each contact may receive different reports.
- Owner and General Contractor contact types will receive the entire report, containing all findings for all contractors.
- Contractor contacts will only receive findings from their company; i.e. electricians will not see carpenter's findings. However, if a contractor is listed as a lower tier, the prime contractor will also see all lower tier contractor findings.
To send the report out to various contacts on your profile:
- Open the inspection using the pencil icon under the ‘Action’ column
- Click ‘Email Report’ in the top right corner.
- A pop-up will appear with the email information.
a. By default, all checkboxes will be enabled - indicating the email will go to all of the designated contacts. You can expand the lists to view the individual emails by clicking the caret.
the checkboxes to select the contacts that should receive the report.
- You can modify the information in the subject line and the email body directly within the prompt.
- To add other contacts to the email, enter their email addresses in the “to” field. Separate each email with a comma. This will only send the contacts this individual report. To add them to future reports, add them to the distribution list in the projects tool.
- Click ‘Send’ to send the report.
Click here for help emailing a report within the Mobile App.