This article explains how to view and email an inspection report in the Mobile App.
The final step in completing your inspection is to email the report to the assigned distribution lists for the project. Reports can be emailed from the web or mobile device. The distribution list is set up in the Projects tool and is broken out into three contact types:
- Owner Contacts
- For owner-type clients: the owner contacts will be your company’s contacts. (If you hire general contractors to manage your projects, you are an owner-type client). You will see your company name rather than “owner.”
- For general contractor-type clients: the owner contacts are the asset owner’s contacts.
- General Contractor
- For owner-type clients: the general contractor contacts will be the contacts from the general contractor on the project.
- For general contractor-type clients: the general contractor contacts will be your own company. You will see your company name rather than “general contractor contacts.”
- Contractor Contacts
- The contractor contacts awarded to the project. These contacts are the same regardless of the client type.
Reports are broken out by the contact type, so each contact may receive different reports.
- Owner and General Contractor contact types will receive the entire report, containing all findings for all contractors.
- Contractor contacts will only receive findings from their company; i.e. electricians will not see carpenter's findings. However, if a contractor is listed as a lower tier, the prime contractor will also see all lower tier contractor findings.
From within the Mobile App, you will see an icon on various screens. When you click this, it will expand and show you a few options/icons.
For example, when you are on the page where you are viewing an Inspection, you can click this icon and see the ‘+/-’ bubble.
The +/- icon opens the inspection summary screen, where you will have the option to Preview and then Email the inspection report.
Clicking View Report will show you a preview of the inspection report. You can also click on the Positive Findings, Negative Findings, or Total Findings in the Inspection Summary Screen to see a list of the same, allowing you to open and edit any findings before sending the report.
After tapping ‘Email Report,’ you will see the screen below. Please note that client/owner contacts and GC contacts will receive the entire inspection report. Any contractor (subcontractor) contacts will receive a unique report that only includes findings assigned to their own company.
*Note that you can only select or deselect check boxes from the mobile application. You cannot verify the recipients or add contacts to the email. This must be done from the web.
Click here for help emailing a report using the web app.